For more than 10 years the German-Russian Exchange St. Petersburg has been organising its own and participating in other European youth exchanges with support of the EU and different European foundations, giving young people from Russia and Europe an opportunity to get acquainted with cultures of other countries, learn more about important social topics, improve their knowledge of foreign languages and find new friends.
We send Russian participants on workshops and trainings organised by our partners in other European countries, and also organise our own programmes in St. Petersburg and Leningrad oblast. Usually these are trips of 5-10 days, during which participants from different European countries study in theory and practice such important topics as discrimination, local cultural heritage, social entrepreneurship, climate change, peace-making practices, human rights, social and gender equality and many others.
Generally, such youth exchanges are organised by consortia of organisations in which the NRO tries to participate as much as possible, with the support of the Erasmus+ programme, organised and funded by the European Union. In Russia, this programme is better known among students, but it also offers many opportunities and formats for teenagers and young people from 13 to 30 years with different experiences and motivations. More details about the Erasmus+ programme with many different formats for young people can be found on the European Commission website here.
Some recent youth exchange projects with NRO participation are:
- Scripted Life / Hamburg, Germany (2019)
- Peace building. Tolerance and Discrimination in our Societies / Kranenburg, Germany (2019)
- Meditation, Yoga and Self-Care Training for Youth Workers / Dilijan, Armenia (2019)
- Fit for Mobility / Krzyzowa, Poland (2018)
- Let’s Paint Activism! / Organized by the NRO / Tikhvin, Leningrad region, Russia (2018)
- Make yourself with music / Lithuania (2017)
- Brexit: Rise of Nationalism in Europe / Berchum, Germany (2017)
- The William Theatre / Molfetta, Italy (2016)
- Energize Your City / Hamburg, Germany (2015)
- Lost in Senses / Kamchatka Territory, Russia (2015)
- Life in a big city / Belgium (2014)
- Youth in Vision / Marseille, France (2013)
We select Russian participants for European youth exchanges from among our volunteers and through open calls published in our social networks.
Do you have any project ideas that you want to implement? Do you want to cooperate with us? Email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.