Expert Group on Civil Society Research of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum in cooperation with the Friedrich-Ebert- Foundation and the German-Russian Exchange in St. Petersburg
cordially invites to the open online discussion
Civil Society Support and Fundraising in times of the Pandemic in Europe and Russia
that will take place on November 10, 2020, at 16:00 to 17:30 (CET) / 18:00 to 19:30 (Moscow time) in ZOOM
Languages: English and Russian (with simultaneous translation)
Questions to be discussed:
– How has the pandemic affected civil society funding: changing philanthropy, donors and state funding?
– New strategies and techniques of fundraising during the pandemic: what works the best for civil society in Europe and Russia?
Moderators: coordinators of the Expert Group of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum
– Elena Belokurova (German-Russian Exchange, Russian Academy of National Economy and Public Administration, St. Petersburg)
– Andrey Demidov (Central European University, Budapest)
Speakers: members of the Expert Group of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum
- Filip Pazderski (Institute for Public Affairs, Poland)
- Eugenia Vathakou (Merimna, Greece)
- Johan Vamstad (Ersta Sköndal Bräcke University College, Sweden)
- Vjacheslav Bakhmin (Sakharov Centre, Russia)
To participate, please register until November 9 by filling in the form: https://forms.gle/e4bzkHYtYcKoESZ98.
The discussion is the second one in the series Civil Society in Europe and Russia in the times of the pandemic that takes place in Autumn 2020. The first one was focused on civil society in the online world, the further ones will explore the topics of volunteering and international cooperation of civil society organisations during the pandemic in Europe. All discussions are recorded and published online. The series is a project of the EU-Russia Civil Society Forum, German-Russian Exchange St. Petersburg and the Friedrich Ebert Foundation.