During the World Cup in St. Petersburg the German-Russian exchange is actively participating in the Cup for People Association and invites everyone to visit the Diversity House. The Diversity House and Civic Info Centre will be opened in St. Petersburg from June 14 until July 16, 2018 as a part of civic campaign Cup for People.
The project is implemented by the Fare network, an international umbrella of organisations and ethnic minority groups, LGBT+ fans working to fight discrimination and promote diversity, and the Cup for People, a network of grassroot initiatives and civic activists created before the World Cup in St. Petersburg in order to use the World Cup in the city as an opportunity to enhance communication among people from different countries, both guests and locals, on the human rights, inclusion and civil society topics.
The Diversity House and Civic Info Centre will be open just 50 meters away from the fun zone in the center of St. Petersburg. It will work every day between June 14 and July 16 as an open and safe space for everybody to celebrate diversity and meet people using football to create awareness and change for inclusion, protection of human rights and development of civil society. The Diversity Houses will feature a football exhibition, World Cup match-viewings, lectures, discussions, festivals and meetings with local supporters and residents. See the programme here:http://cupforpeople.spb.ru/dh
The Civic Info Centre will be an information point within the Diversity House, which will provide assistance to the international and Russian guests as well as journalists concerning the available civil society organizations and activities in St. Petersburg. They will also disseminate safety guidelines and help for guests, organize dialogues and networking with locals. alternative tours with the human rights and civil society focus will take place.
We invite all the guests of the World Cup in St. Petersburg:
- To visit the Diversity House and Civic Info Centre any time to ask questions about social and cultural life of St. Petersburg and Russia, to watch the Exhibition on the Inclusion in Football and translation of the football matches;
- To participate in our public events on different topics, see the program here: http://cupforpeople.spb.ru/dh;
- To organize a public event on your country or your field of interest in our space;
- To come with our excursions and walks in English by guides among the thematic experts and grass roots activists on different aspects of cultural and civil society life in St. Petersburg: on creative spaces, street art, social problems, charitable projects, etc.: http://cupforpeople.spb.ru/tours.
- To check the Map for People, a St. Petersburg map of responsible consumption, which will show, where to eat and make shopping by supporting local and ethically, environmentally and socially responsible enterprises: http://mapforpeople.spb.ru/
- To check the bars in St. Petersburg, which are especially safe for women: http://cupforpeople.spb.ru/safedrinkspb
- To support the Diversity House and all the activities of the Cup for People financially: https://yasobe.ru/na/DiversityHouse
- To use the Fare Diversity Guide, a comprehensive online resource combining travel advice and important information including historical context, Do’s and Don’ts and what to expect in each of the 11 host cities, including specific guidance and safety advice for the LGBT community and ethnic minorities travelling to Russia: diversityguide2018.com. The WhatsApp hotline is being set up to help support visiting minorities in Russia with issues of discrimination to report or who require other urgent help: + 79169481108.
Time: June 14 — July 16, 12:00 — 23:00
Place: St. Petersburg, Konyushennaya square 2B (inside the yard), the door is between the Museum of Soviet arcade machine and “Geshtalt” («Гештальт»), code 7, floor 3
Contact us with any questions and proposals:
Elena Belokurova firstname.lastname@example.org, https://www.facebook.com/elena.belokurova.5
Alfred Miniakhmetov email@example.com, https://www.facebook.com/alfred.miniakhmetov
Olga Polyakova firstname.lastname@example.org, https://www.facebook.com/olga.a.polyakova
We would be very happy to meet you in St. Petersburg!